Dance to the Music

Here I will regale you with tales of death, destruction, music & jam, but mostly the music. Since I am regularly being ridiculed for my HMV-style room, stand up & salute the maggot-ridden corpse of 'Top of the Pops' as I present: Jon's (very nearly) Definitive Top Five(ish) Albums of All the Years, Ever (as long as they fall between 1988 and now). As the Scissor Sisters would say, "Ta-Dah!"

Monday

1991

1991My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Sebadoh - Sebadoh III
Cathy Dennis - Move to This
Pearl Jam - Ten

A slightly cooler year this, with the exception of Miss Dennis, perhaps as it was the year I left school and progressed from the small town arse of Ringwood Comp to the even smaller village cow-pats of Brokenhurst College. Red Hot Chili's - Get up and dance! My Bloody Valentine - Sit down and brood. Sebadoh - Get stoned and sway. Pearl Jam - Get pissed and croon. Cathy Dennis - Get ready to vomit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home