Dance to the Music

Here I will regale you with tales of death, destruction, music & jam, but mostly the music. Since I am regularly being ridiculed for my HMV-style room, stand up & salute the maggot-ridden corpse of 'Top of the Pops' as I present: Jon's (very nearly) Definitive Top Five(ish) Albums of All the Years, Ever (as long as they fall between 1988 and now). As the Scissor Sisters would say, "Ta-Dah!"

Friday

1989

1989Madonna - Like a Prayer
The B-52s - Cosmic Thing
Debbie Harry - Def, Dumb & Blonde
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
The Sundays - Reading Writing & Arithmetic

Strangely my favourite album of the year, and possibly of all time is The Sundays' one, as that was the only one in the list that I didn't get that year. I was introduced to it by a mate in Brighton about 5 years later, when all I knew about them was the Newman & Baddiel Theme. There was a song with the Sally Army in it, which I got very excited about as I was in it (The Sally Army, not the song) at the time, ooh. I was quite a Madonna loving freak in the 80s, which waned slightly as she got a bit poo in the 90s, but has returned with a vengance recently during cheese-based splishy-splashy sessions (Dear Jessie, come on)! Debbie Harry's mainly there for sentimental reasons as my first proper record was 'The Best of Blondie' when I was 5, yes I am that cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home